July 12, 2021
How to Connect Canon Printer To Mac – Canon is a famous brand among the electronic device fraternity. This brand delivers various useful and high-quality electronic devices including printers. The company is working for a long duration in the market and is very famous for its high-quality printing devices. Users can use Canon Printer in both Windows and Mac. But many of us are unaware of how to use it on Mac. If you are a Mac user and wanted to know How to Connect Canon Printer To Mac, then stay with us till the end. In this blog by Weservice247, we will discuss the same.
To use a printer on the system, the user must add the printer to the printer & scanner list. Similarly using Canon Printer on Mac also requires the user to first add the printer to the list of printers & scanners. Generally, Mac users can connect their printer using AirPrint. The biggest concern arises for the users who belong to the non-technical background. Through this blog, our experts will tell you a step-by-step guide on How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac.
Simple Methods to Connect Canon Printer to Mac
Here in this section of the blog, we will discuss some of the most reliable and fasted methods by which a Mac user can Connect a Canon Printer to a Mac. All the methods are easy to perform but keep in mind to follow all the steps in the same manner as recommended in the blog by our experts. So without any further delay, let’s move into the methods on How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac.
Method 1: Connect Canon Printer Via a Wired Connection
The first method through which you can connect your Canon printer to Mac is by using a Wired connection. Below are some of the easy steps to perform this method:
- Firstly, switch on the Canon Printer and let the printer stable.
- Secondly, open the Mac device > Launch Web Browser > Navigate to Official Canon Website > Look for the Download Button > Download and Install the Drivers of the Canon Printer.
- Once done with the second step, insert the USB cable to both the Canon Printer and Mac device.
- Now, navigate to the Apple menu > Choose System Preferences after the installation of printer drivers.
- From here select Printer and Scanners > Click on “+” option > Add a printer.
- From the list of available printers choose the model number of the printer.
- Press the Add button.
- Now follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
This was the first method on How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac. After following all the steps your Canon printer is now added to the Mac and is also ready to use. You can check the status by running a print test or printing any document or file.
Method 2: Connect Canon Printer Wirelessly
This is the second method by which a Mac user can Connect the Canon Printer To Mac. All you have to do is follow the below-given steps:
- At first, switch on the device and make sure that your Wi-Fi router is WPS enabled.
- Once done ensure using WPA 0r WPA2 security protocol as your network.
- Thirdly, press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the lamp starts blinking.
- Now, click the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router once the lamp starts indicating blue light.
- To make sure uninterrupted connection, press the WPS button for at least 60-120 seconds.
- Here the Wi-Fi light will start to blink. This indicates that the device is navigating for available networks.
- The Wi-Fi and the power lamp will start to blink once the Wi-Fi establishes a connection with the router.
- Wait for few minutes and let both the devices establish a secured connection.
- Once done with all the above-given steps make sure to download the Canon printer drivers from the official website.
- Follow all the instructions coming on your screen to download and install the printer driver.
- At this moment, your Canon Printer is connected and is ready for to use.
Follow the above-given stop to Connect your Canon printer to Mac. You can check whether the printer is connected or not by printing any document or by running a print test.
This takes us to the end of an outstanding blog on the topic of How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac. Weservice247 expects that you find out this blog helpful and you got the necessary steps that you were looking for. All these steps are listed on the basis of extensive research and after doing clinical testing. Thus, you can try out them and connect your Canon printer to your Mac. So, follow the above-mentioned methods along with their detailed steps and do let us know the result.
In case, you have already tried the above-mentioned steps and they do not come to your rescue, then don’t worry. All you have to do is contact our technical experts and get detailed assistance against all your Canon printer issues by initiating the live chat.