July 16, 2021
Steps to Fix Canon Printer Black Ink Issue – Famous for its printing devices, Canon is the World’s number brand when it comes to electronic devices. Canon delivers various printing devices that come with different specifications and features. The printer delivered by Canon is used heavily to experience hassle-free printing experiences, thus keeping them maintained becomes a must. Due to low maintenance or harsh usage, sometimes these printers can encounter technical default. The Black Ink Issue is the most common technical error faced by Canon Users. If you are a Canon Printer user looking for Steps to Fix Canon Printer Black Ink Issue, then stay with us till the end.
We all know that it is quite frustrating when the printer refuses to print black. Imagine a situation where you needed to print a file in black and your Canon printer refuses to print it. What will you do? You will probably navigate to Google.com and look for troubleshooting steps online to resolve this matter. The situation becomes much more difficult for those users who are from a non-technical background. But don’t worry. We have noted down your problem and put together some easy Steps to Fix Canon Printer Black Ink Issue. Keep reading this blog till the end to find out what exactly you need to do to fix this technical default.
What are the Reasons Behind the Canon Printer Black Ink Issue?
The black ink issue with canon printers has become a common practice. Such a type of issue can be problematic for the user. There are many reasons that might trigger such an issue. Such as:
- Due to faulty printhead nozzles.
- Defective ink cartridges.
- Black ink leakage.
- Dry ink cartridges.
- Dry head.
Steps to Fix Canon Printer Black Ink Issue
Does your Canon printer refuse to print Black? Well, don’t worry. Luckily our experts have thoroughly discussed some of the easiest steps by which you can fix the Canon Printer Black Ink Issue. All you have to do is follow all the steps properly without skipping anything.
- Inspect Ink Cartridges of Canon Printer
Checking the Ink cartridges is the first step in the troubleshooting process. Doing this will help you to find out the real culprit behind this error. By this, you will get to know whether the ink cartridge is causing an issue or printhead. If the printer is able to print using other ink colors, then it’s the black ink cartridge that is causing this issue.
- Open the Printer Panel and take out the Ink Cartridges.
- Check the ink levels and look for any defect or leakage.
- Once done ensure that the ink cartridge is properly placed where it needs to be.
- Make sure to take out the tape from the vent (in case of a new ink cartridge).
- Clean the vents by using a pin.
- Now check the status of the problem by printing any file or document. You can also run a print test.
In case the above method did not fix this issue, then we recommend you try out the second method listed in this blog.
- Try to Update the Canon Printer Drivers
Keeping the Canon Printer drivers updated is a must for experiencing hassle-free and smooth printing performance. Here, updating the printer drivers might fix this issue. If the drivers of your Canon printer are not up-to-date, then there are chances that your printer will lag and face the black ink issue. Thus, keeping the printer drivers updated becomes a must. Below are some easy steps to update the Canon Printer driver:
- Open the Web Browser.
- Navigate to the Official Canon Website.
- In the search bar, type your printer name and model number.
- Press Enter.
- You will get a prompt if any update is available.
- Click on Update (if available).
- Once done with the above-mentioned steps, restart the device.
- Now check the status of the problem by initiating a print test.
- Fix the Issue through Cleaning Process
This is probably one of the most useful methods to fix the Canon Printer Black Ink Issue. It works almost every time and according to a report, the users who tried to fix the black ink issue through the cleaning process got success 70% of the time. Below are the steps to perform this method:
- Open the Canon printer panel.
- Ensure that there must be at least 6 sheets of A4 size in the Canon printer tray.
- Now simultaneously open the output tray extension and paper output tray.
- To initiate the cleaning process you need to choose the option Setup.
- Click on the Tools icon from the setup section.
- Once done, go to Maintenance > press Ok.
- Choose Deep Cleaning > press Ok.
Now wait for some time and let the device perform the cleaning process. Restart the printer once the device is done with the cleaning process.
This takes us to the end of a remarkable blog on the Steps to Fix Canon Printer Black Ink Issue. It is expected that you have found out this blog helpful and interesting. You can try out these steps and do let us know the outcome. If in case the above-mentioned methods did not come to the rescue, you can get more in-depth technical assistance regarding the Canon Printer Black Ink Issue by initiating the live chat.