February 26, 2022
Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error – Did you have just encountered an offline error with your Canon printer? Are you finding it difficult to fix the issue on your own? If this is the scenario, then don’t worry. Here in this blog, our team of experts will tell you the Best Ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error. Printers have become one of the most important gadgets in everyone’s life. Among all, Canon MX490 is one of the famous printers that provides flawless performance. This printer comes with advanced features and superb functionalities that make them a go-to choice to meet both personal and professional printing desires. But any glitch like loss of power, lack of usage for a particular duration, etc. can put the Canon MX490 printer into offline mode.
The Canon MX490 Printer is one of the multi-tasking printers that provide a seamless printing experience to the user. But being an electronic device, it is prone to encounter technical issues. Among all, the Printer offline error is one of the common errors that can be encountered at any time. Harsh printer usage, prolonged usage, lack of power supply, or no usage at all, etc. can allow the device to enter the offline state. If you use a Canon MX490 printer and you can relate to this situation, then this blog is definitely made for you. In this blog, we will tell you the ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error.
Reasons Behind Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error
Recently the cases of Canon printer entering the offline mode has gone up. Such issues have been reported by plenty of Canon MX490 Printer users across the globe. There are several things that can be blamed for this frustration and iterating error. Thus, before we tell you the Best Ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error, let us find out the common reasons why Canon MX490 Printer Shows Offline Error:
- Changes in the printer settings.
- Empty paper tray or usage of incorrect papers.
- Spooler issues.
- Connectivity issues.
- Outdated errors.
- USB issues.
- Compatibility issues.
Best Ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error
It’s time now to get familiar with the troubleshooting steps that will help you to sail through this situation and get the Canon MX490 Printer back into the online state. Here, in this section, we will tell you the simple yet effective ways out that will allow you to eradicate the error from its roots. But before we tell you anything, keep in mind to follow all the instructions in the same manner as they are written down below. So, here are the ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error:
Disable the Printer Offline Option
The first method on the list includes carefully navigating to the device settings and disabling the Use Printer Offline option. Doing this will allow your printer to come back into the online state. Here are the steps to accomplish this task through this method:
- The first step is to click on Start and in the search bar type Control Panel.
- Hit Enter.
- Once done, from the list of subcategories, click on the Hardware and Sound option.
- Up next, select the option Devices and Printers and click right on the Canon MX490 printer and choose the option See what’s printing.
- Once done, from the top left-hand side of the screen, select the Printer option.
- Now, ensure to uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
- One cone, click on the option Cancel all documents.
- Restart the printer and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Restart the Canon MX490 Printer Spooler
The printer speller is responsible for managing the print jobs that the user sends to the printer. If it is defective, then the chances are you will face trouble while printer. Thus, the Best Ways to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error is by restarting the Canon MX490 Printer spooler:
- Start the process by launching the RUN command box.
- Press the Windows + R button to launch the Run command box.
- A dialog box will open, here enter the command services.ms and hit Enter.
- Doing this will get you a Services window.
- Open the Services windows and from the list of printers, choose any service and press the P button till the Printer Spooler is highlighted.
- Select the Printer Spooler and click right on it to choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Move to the General Tab > Stop > Ok.
- This will allow the Printer Spooler Services to get deactivated.
- Delete all the print jobs by following this path: Open Windows Explorer > C drive > Windows > System32 > Spool > Printers.
- Click on Continue on getting the pop-up message.
- Move to the General tab and start the spooler service again and set the spooler Startup Type as Automatic.
- Restart the system and check whether the issues have been fixed or not.
So, this how to Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error. You try the instructions mentioned above and sort this issue on your own. In case you find trouble while performing the methods, then feel free to initiate the live chat.