July 9, 2021
How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer – Brother is a popular brand that has established excellent goodwill in the market. The printers delivered by this company act as a one-stop solution for getting a quality printing experience. Brother printers are used by users across the world for both professional and personal use. But at times these printers act weird and some of the features might not give you the desired output. This means that you need to Factory reset the printer. But the real problem arises for users who belong to a non-technical background. If you are from a non-technical background and wanted to know How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer, then we have got you covered. In this blog by Weservice247, we will tell you about the same.
Factors resetting the device itself can fix the majority of the problems. It is one of the most commonly used protocols adopted by Birther printer users to fix various glitches with the Brother Printer. Brother delivers different types of printers that come in different shapes and sizes. But don’t worry. Here in this blog, we will tell you a standardized procedure on How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer. So sit back and keep reading the blog to find out some useful information.
How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer
Printers are prone to encounter technical glitches. Resetting the printer is the best practice to follow if your Brother Printer is not responding or facing issues with performance. Factory resetting the printer can fix a lot of issues including the connectivity ones as well. It will also help the user to protect confidential information like user names, passwords, settings, etc.
This is the best option available with the Brother Printer user. Instead of performing manual troubleshooting or taking the printer to any repair shop, it is wise to perform a factory reset. Below are some of the easiest methods on How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer.
Method 1: Reset Using Software
The very first method to factory reset the Brother printer is by using the software. It is one of the most commonly used methods by Brother Printer users. You have to follow the below-given steps in the exact manner as mentioned to get the best results.
- Start your system and launch Web Browser.
- Navigate to support.brother.com.
- Here go to the search bar and search your printer name and model number > Press Enter.
- Once done select the Operating System (OS) > press Ok.
- Doing this will direct you to the driver’s list.
- From here, you can download the drivers or tools for your printer. Scroll Down and select BRAdmin.
- Now adhere to all the instructions to download the software.
- To Factory Reset the printer, launch the BRAdmin software and choose Brother MFCL2700DW.
- Navigate to Controls > Choose Network Configuration.
- Enter Control menu and press Factory Reset Option.
You can try out these steps to Factory Reset the Brother Printer. Check whether the printer has been reset to default after done with all the above-mentioned steps. If not, then in such case you can move to the second method.
Method 2: Factory Reset Using Control Panel
The second method to Factory Reset the Brother Printer is through Control Panel. Here are the steps to perform this method using the control panel:
- At first, unplug the interface wire for the network.
- From the Control Panel, go to Menu.
- Choose the Initial Setup option and press Ok.
- Now select the Reset option and click on Ok.
- Here select Reset Function based on your preference > Press Ok.
- Now to factory reset the settings, press 1 > Continue.
- The device will prompt to Reset the Printer.
- Again press 1 to reset the printer.
This is the second method on How to Factory Reset a Brother Printer. Try out these methods and check the status of the problem. If this method did not come to the rescue, then move on to the third method.
Method 3: Alternative Steps
If the above two mentioned methods did not work, then as a last resort you can try out this method to Factory Reset the Brother Printer. Carefully follow the below-mentioned mentors to reset the printer:
- Switch Off the Brother Printer.
- Remove all the wires attached including the USB cable and Power cord.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Now re-plug all the wires including the USB cable and power cord.
- Once done, from the Control Panel press the “Go” button.
- Let the Brother Printer power up fully and become stable before moving further.
- Once stable, quickly release the Go Button and wait until the light indicators become stable.
- Let the light indicators turn off before moving further.
- Press the Go button at least 6 times.
- Your Brother Printer is now factory reset to default.
Why Opt for Factory Reset?
Factory resetting a Brother Printer is an easy process that will only take minimum time. But the real question arises why opt for factory reset? Well, factory reset is the last resort when you have gone through all the troubleshooting steps and the printer is still not working up to its potential. Factory resetting the brother printer will solve most of the issues associated with the printer. Here are the reasons to opt fro Factory Reset:
- It is chosen as the last option when all the other troubleshooting methods did not work.
- Doing this will restore the device functionalities similar to when it was brand new.
- Severe to minor issues can be fixed by performing a factory reset.
So this brings us ot the end of the blog on How to Factory Reset the Brother Printer. Weservice247 expects that you find this blog helpful and know you knew exactly what to do to Factory Reset the Brother Printer. These methods are listed after complete in-depth research by our technical engineers. Thus, you can try out these methods and do let us know the results.
In case you have already tried the above-mentioned methods and the issue still persists, then we recommend you to get more detailed help regarding all your Brother Printer issues by initiating the live chat.