June 22, 2021
How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21 – Canon is a top-rated brand the provides multifunctional printing devices in the market. The printers offered by Canon are preferred by millions of users across the globe to enjoy hassle-free printing. With Canon Printer, users can perform multiple functions like scanning, printing, etc. But if you are a hardcore Canon printer user, then we bet that you have definitely faced Error Code 2,140,21. If you are the one facing such an issue and wanted to know How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21, then you have reached the right place.
The Error Code 2,140,21 is encountered by the user when there is a technical glitch with the device. TO be precise, this error occurs when the Canon Printer is connected with a router and downloads a utility to scan the files. However, fixing this issue is easy and hassle-free at the same time even if you are from a non-technical background. The company Weservice247 has come up with a step-by-step guide on How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21. So, keep reading this blog till the end to know more.
Easy Methods to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21
Here in this blog, we have discussed plenty of methods by which you can eliminate this bug and enjoy seamless printing with your Canon Printer. The methods mentioned in this blog are time-saving and reliable at the same time. All you have to do is go through the below-mentioned methods and make sure to follow all the steps in the same order as mentioned to rectify this problem.
Method 1: Perform a Factory Reset
Performing a factory reset is one of the best and widely used methods to fix the Error Code 2,140,21. Doing this will change the settings of the Canon Printer to default and will also fix the issue. All you have to do is follow the below-given steps to reset the Canon Printer to default.
- Switch Off the Canon Printer by pressing the Power Button.
- Unplug all the wires attached to the Canon Printer and wait for few seconds.
- Now re-plug the wires into the Canon Printer.
- Switch On Canon Printer.
- Tap and hold the Resume Button for at least 10 seconds till the attention light turn On.
- Once done release the Resume Button and let the printer restore the settings to default.
Once done with all the steps, try to check the status of the problem by initiating a print test. If the issue is still not fixed, then move on to the second method.
Method 2: Disable Firewall
The second thing that you can do to fix this problem is by disabling the firewall for a temporary period of time. You can follow the below-mentioned series of steps to turn off the firewall.
- Navigate to Start > Enter Control Panel.
- From here select the option System and Security.
- Now select the option Windows Firewall.
- Turn the Windows Firewall Off
- Press Ok and save the changes made.
Once done performing all the steps, check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not, then move on to the third method if the problem still persists.
Method 3: End the Printing Process
Ending the process of printing is another method to fix the Error Code 2,140,21. Stopping the printing process becomes necessary as this error is faced by the user while scanning a file or documents. You can do this through the following steps.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- From here look for the option Device and Printers.
- Tap on Canon Printer.
- Now end the process by pressing Stop Printing
Method 4: Change the Ink Cartridges
If all the above methods didn’t work, then we suggest you fix the issue by replacing the ink cartridges of the Canon Printer. Sometimes low ink levels can create issues in the scanning as well. So, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method.
- Switch Off the Canon Printer and write down the model number on paper.
- Open the printer flap to take out the ink cartridges.
- Now replace the older cartridges with the new ones.
- But make sure to check the new ink cartridges for compatibility and ink levels.
- Remove the protective layer from the new ink cartridges.
- Insert them into the Canon printer.
- Close the Printer flap.
- Switch On the Canon Printer.
- Check the status of the issue by initiating a print test.
These were the methods that are the first choice to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21. We hope that you find out this blog on How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 2,140,21 helpful and your issue got resolved after performing the methods mentioned in it. All the methods listed above are mentioned after doing deep research by our technical experts. So, try out these methods and let us know the status of your problem.
In case the issue still persists, then we suggest you get more detailed help regarding your Canon Printer issues by initiating a live chat.