September 8, 2021
How to Install Canon Printer Without CD? Canon is a well established name in the world of photography and printing and has wide range of products to cater to the needs of general consumers and professionals. All its printers are easy to use and go to option for best print quality. Canon has wide range of printers to suit the need of specific category of customers be it for home or office use or heavy commercial purposes. To take the benefit of such useful products, one should go through the user manual carefully and then try setting up. In this blog we break down the steps as to How to Install Canon Printer Without CD.
Nowadays, laptops rarely have CD drive and thus it gets difficult to setup the printer as earlier printers were accompanied by an installation CD to help you setup the printer. Now the methods to setup printers have changed and thus here in this blog we discuss the Steps to Install Canon Printer Without CD. Setting up Canon printer is an easy task and can be done within a few minutes. So stay tuned to know the various methods to install Canon Printer within a few minutes.
Methods to Install Canon Printer Without CD
Following we discuss the various methods to setup Canon Printer to make it ready for use on your device. Follow the steps mentioned in various methods carefully to install the printer successfully. Choose the method best suited to your device. But before you start the installation process that you follow-up with the prerequisites for this installation process listed below:
- Make sure that you possess the required USB cable, power cords, etc
- Ensure that these accessories are compatible to the printer model and computer type.
- Place the computer in such a way so as to accommodate printer near it.
- Stable internet connection
- Make sure that the printer is compatible to your device
- In case you didn’t receive the USB cable, then you’ll have to buy one before initiating the following processes.
Method 1- Installing Canon Printer through USB Cable on Windows
Step 1: Establish a Wired Connection
Connect your computer to the printer using the USB Cable provided with the Canon Printer. If it is not available then buy it from the market based on the printer’s model and computer.
Step 2: Adding Printer to Devices on Computer
After connecting the computer with the printer using USB cable, Switch on the printer and then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on Windows Start button and type ‘Add a printer’ in the search box
- Click open ‘Add a Printer’ and you’ll find the model name of the printer on the dialog box that opens.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
Once the setup is finished the printer is ready to be used. Try printing the test page first to be sure of its setup.
Alternative Step 2: Download Software from Canon Website
To Download Driver files to install the printer follow the following procedure:
- Open canon website on web browser
- Click on Support → Type Model Name of Printer → Drivers, Software & Firmware.
- Now, download the files applicable to you from the files visible on your screen.
- Click to open the downloaded file
- follow the instructions on screen to install the software on your device
Once the setup is finished, your printer is ready to be used.
Method 2- Installing Canon Printer through USB Cable on MAC
Place you Computer and printer near to each other to make sure the USB reaches the Computer. In case it is not feasible to place them near each other or the USB cable is not as per the computer type, then you might need a USB adapter to help you connect the printer with the computer successfully. Follow the steps mentioned below to be able to use the printer with your MAC:
Step 1: Connect the MAC with the printer using the USB cable available in the installation kit with the Canon Printer. You might need a USB adapter to connect the two.
Step 2: Switch on the Printer
Step 3: Once the Printer is turned on and connected to the computer, the MAC will automatically detect the printer and prompt you to complete the installation procedure.
Step 4: Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Once it has been successfully installed on the MAC, the printer is ready to be used with the MAC.
We hope the above listed procedures have helped you enough to solve your query of How to Install Canon Printer Without CD. Weservice247 is delighted to be able to serve you and you may refer to our blogs for any issue that you may face while setting up the printer. Get in touch with our tech experts to solve any problem related to printers.