March 14, 2022
Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72 – Brother is an amazing brand that is renowned in the world of printers as the leading manufacturer of higher quality printing devices. The printing machines delivered by Brother are proficient enough to satisfy both the personal and professional printing, scanning, and faxing hunger of millions of people around the globe. These magnificent devices are designed by the company to provide high-end output. But being an electronic devices, they are also prone to face many technical errors or malfunctions. Among all the problems, the case of Error Code 72 has blown up in the last few months. If you are also facing the same issue and finding it tough to fix eradicate the root cause of the problem, then we have a solution for you. In this blog, our team will teach you How to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72.
All electronic devices like printers, television, etc. are prone to counter technical errors. What’s important is to find out the root cause behind the error and take preventive measures to fix the problem. Error Code 72 is one of the most common errors encountered by the Brother Printer user. This error code indicates that there is something wrong with the device. To help you fix this issue, we have come up with a simple guide that will allow you to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72. But before we proceed further, do take out time to read this write-up till the end and make sure to follow the complete set of instructions in the exact same manner as they are mentioned.
Reasons Behind the Brother Printer Error Code 72
Although Brother is a remarkable brand that provides top notch printers. But despite having many positives, they are prone to face technical issues such as Error Code 72. There are so many things that can be blamed for this error. Therefore, before we move on to How to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72, let us have a look at the reasons behind this Error:
- The consideration of the printer not functioning properly.
- Driver issues.
- Raised internal; temperature of the printer.
- Loose connections.
How to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72
If you use Brother Printer to satisfy your printing needs and you have encountered error code 72 with your device, then do consider reading this section of the blog. Coming up your ways are some simple methods that will allow you to wipe this issue our and get your Brother printer back into the working mode.
Remove Dust from the Device
Dust or particles accumulated inside the printer can lead to the hindrance with the working of the device and lead to error code 72. That is why it is strongly recommended to following the instructions mentioned down below to fix this issue:
- Switch off the Brother printer by pressing and holding the power button.
- Now remove the power cable from the power outlet and navigate to the scanner cover.
- Open the cover of the scanner and check for dust particles and make sure no paper is jammed in the printer roller.
- Press the X button for 5-10 seconds.
- Take a clean brush and start clearing the dust particles accumulated inside the Brother printer.
- Once done, close the scanner cover and press and hold the power button again to turn on the printer.
- Now, check whether the issue have been fixed or not.
Power Cycle Brother Printer
If you find the above method, difficult to perform, then to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72, do follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start the process by switching off the Brother printer. Press and hold the power button to turn off the printer.
- Now, remove all the wires and cables attached to the device.
- Also, unplug the power cable and the USB wire attached to both the printer and the device.
- Wait for few seconds (say 45 seconds) before proceeding further.
- Once done, re-insert all the wires, cords and cables back to the printer and the system, that we removed in the step 2 and 3.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the printer
- Now, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Reinstall the Program
If the program is not properly installed, then it will now allow the printer to accept commands and show the Error Code 72. Reinstalling the program is one of the easy answer for the question How to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72. So, please find the instructions mentioned down below to reinstall the program:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Brother.
- Choose Brother Printer and click on Uninstall.
- Now, restart the system.
- Open Web Browser and navigate to the Official Brother Website.
- Move to the Download section.
- Choose your operating system and select your printer name and model number.
- Click Ok.
- From the list, select the most compatible drivers and click on download.
- Once done, follow all the instructions to install the same into your device.
So, these are the easy methods to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 72. If you find trouble while performing the methods mentioned above, then get in touch with our experts by initiating the live chat.