June 11, 2021
Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue – Among all the brands, Brother Printers are famous for their fast scanning and cost-effective printing service. The name Brother Printer will always come at the top when we talk about high-quality printing devices. This particular brand comes up with innovative and amazing features that make quality printing easy. But ever these high-quality printing devices are prone to face technical issues with their cartridges. This is a pretty regular problem with these printers that are faced by plenty of customers across the globe. So, if you are the one who is facing the Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue and wanted to resolve the resolution for the same, then you have reached the right place.
As we all know that the Brother Printers are the most reliable devices that act as a one-stop solution for all kinds of printing activities. But due to harsh usage, even these printers can face some technical issues like the Printer won’t print black. Thus, if you are facing this issue with Brother Printer and unaware of the resolution, then keep reading this blog. Through this blog by Weservice247, we are going to tell you the step-by-step guide by which you can fix the Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue. So sit back and relax. Read this blog till the end to get detailed information.
Things To Check When Brother Printer Won’t Print Black
There might be few variables that restrict the Brother Printer from printing files in black. Understanding the major culprits behind the problem will eventually help one to resolve the issue and prevent it as well. Below are some of the key things that you need to check before start troubleshooting.
- Inspect that the brother tape applied on the cartridge top is eradicated.
- Make sure that you are using high-quality ink cartridges.
- Install new cartridges before letting them dry.
- Make sure that the Brother printer is properly installed and in a working state.
- Insect the temperature of the Brother Printer.
So before moving to the resolution, make sure to inspect the above-mentioned things. Once done, then move on to the troubleshooting steps.
Methods to Fix Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue
The technical issue of this kind has become a common practice with Brother Printers. Frankly speaking, there is no need to worry if you are facing this issue. To resolve this problem you just need to follow the below-mentioned methods. Make sure to follow all the methods and their steps in the exact same order as they are mentioned to get the best result.
Method 1: Power Cycle Brother Printer
The first thing to do under such a situation to fix the Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue is to power cycle the Brother Printer. You can do this by following these steps.
- Switch Brother Printer Off.
- Remove All the wires attached to it including the USB cable and Power cord as well.
- Now, wait for few minutes (say 10 minutes).
- Plug in all the wires including the USB cable and the Power cord.
- Switch On the Brother Printer.
- Let in fully on and come in a stable position.
Now try to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. You can check this by running a print test. In case the issue didn’t get resolved, then we suggest you move on to the second method.
Method 2: Inspect the Ink Cartridges
This is the second method that you can try to fix this issue. Under this method, you have to check three things:
- Ink Levels.
- Placement of ink cartages.
- Quality of ink cartridges.
So follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method:
- Turn the Brother Printer Off.
- Now open the paper output cover of the Brother Printer.
- Push the lock of ink cartridges.
- Remove the ink cartridges.
- Check the ink quality or look for defects (if any).
- Re-insert the ink cartridges and close the paper output cover
Method 3: Clean Printhead
Cleaning or removing dust from the print head becomes a must if you want to enjoy quality and hassle-free printing. So follow these steps to clean the Printhead.
- Firstly, start running a print test to check the quality.
- Run the print test by clicking on “Ink Indicator” > Press “Test Print”.
- Now choose the Print Quality > Select Color Start option.
- Inspect the print quality and click on No when prompted.
- Now the display will ask you to start cleaning
- Press Color Start to start the cleaning of the printhead process.
- Once done, run the print test again.
- Compare both the results.
- Press Stop.
So these were the method by which you can fix the Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue. We hope that you find this blog helpful and your issue got resolved after following the methods mentioned in this blog. In case the issue still persists, then we recommend you to get more help in detail regarding your Brother Printer technical issues by initiating the live chat.